Now Hiring: Technical Assistance Coordinator
Technical Assistance Coordinator – 100% remote – EXEMPT POSITION
Position available with energetic, small, national membership association of State Offices of Rural Health dedicated to building capacity in rural health. Competitive salary, flexible work schedule, and flexible benefits available. The position is ideal for a service-driven, mission-minded, flexible rural health professional seeking variety in their day-to-day work.
This position will focus on efforts to build the capacity of State Offices of Rural Health (SORH) and their stakeholders. The coordinator will have the responsibility to support SORH technical assistance efforts. The Technical Assistance (TA) Coordinator may work directly with certified rural health clinics or other safety net providers to improve access to care, general operations, quality of care, and grow the health of rural populations.
NOSORH is dedicated to a mission to promote the capacity of SORH and their stakeholders to improve health in rural America through leadership development, advocacy, education and partnerships. The NOSORH staff work as a team. Each staff person has responsibility for a wide variety of activities.
Reports to the Technical Assistance Director. This is a support position to work closely with multiple members, partners, contractors, and committees to achieve program objectives. Must have the ability to quickly establish and nurture collegial working relationships and the ability to provide customized, need-based levels of technical assistance.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or combination of education and related experience.
This position requires an understanding of the work of SORH and rural safety-net healthcare providers. The successful candidate will have some technical assistance experience working to improve rural health systems and addressing the needs of safety net providers. An understanding of federally funded rural health programs is preferred. At least two years of experience working in rural health is required, preferably in a SORH, hospital association, Primary Care Office, Primary Care Association, Quality Improvement Organization or similar organization. Applicant must have proficiency in customer service, regulatory compliance, and community and data-driven programming. Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills, are required. Applicant must be proficient in MS Office 365 and Adobe platforms and provide a professional remote office with the basic equipment needed to maintain a confidential, professional representation of the organization. Travel by air and car may be required.
Works with the Technical Assistance Director to support primary care technical assistance activities, including:
- Supports the Tiered TA Program to SORH, state partners, rural health clinics, and other safety net providers and stakeholders, including assessment of capacity, identification of potential partners, coaching, and facilitation.
- Works with members, committees, and contractors to compile resource guides, toolkits, institutes, or other services.
- Supports NOSORH efforts to grow SORH response to rural communities’ challenges, including public health crisis, social determinants of health, scarcity of resources, and adopting new models of care.
- Provides data monitoring and tracking for all technical assistance activities, including developing, implementing, and maintaining a TA tracking system, ensuring accurate measure reporting and benchmarking.
- Assists in the preparation of informative, easy-to-understand reports for the NOSORH CEO, members, and Board.
- Supports the development of effective linkages with other key organizations in meeting the mission of NOSORH through the development of partnership activities that educate and inform SORH, stakeholders, and their state partners.
- Represents NOSORH at various conferences, meetings, and conference calls.
- Supports the grant writing efforts of the organization.
- Works with the team to schedule, respond to requests for information and assistance, track contracts, coordinate small group and committee calls, and input and track data.
- Other assigned duties.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and references to Donna Pfaendtner, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 16, 2021.
NOSORH is an equal opportunity employer