NOSORH/FORHP SORH Regional Partnership Meetings
The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health invites you to partner with us to bring meaningful education to our five State Offices of Rural Health (SORH) Regional Partnership Meetings in 2021. We invite you to submit your proposal(s) to present rural innovations, research findings, model programs, resources, and projects to help SORH address needs of rural communities to prepare for the future.
The Regional Meetings will again be virtual this year due to COVID-19. We encourage presenters to identify in the proposal how you will interact with the virtual audience. For ideas on how to make your presentation more interactive, click here.
Our meetings will be held virtually the following dates in 2021:
Region A – June 22-24, 2021
Region B – May 18-20, 2021
Region C – July 27-29, 2021
Region D – June 8-10, 2021
Region E – July 14-16, 2021
New to SORH Meetings?
State Offices of Rural Health have a responsibility to collect and disseminate rural relevant information, encourage collaboration to reduce duplication of rural efforts, and provide technical assistance to rural communities. Beyond the unique federal-state funding SORH receive, many SORH are also the lead for the state Flex, SHIP, and Primary Care Office programs. SORH work with rural health providers including Critical Access Hospitals, Rural Health Clinics, Rural Community Health Centers, and other safety net providers to improve access to care and promote better health. They often play a role in the recruitment and retention of rural health professionals, seeking innovative approaches to care coordination and promoting rural community vitality.
Listed below are the NOSORH Strategic Priorities. It is not required that one of them be apparent in your proposal. However, if your proposal aligns with any of them, please note that in your proposal submission.
– Cultivate a vital, innovative rural health landscape and infrastructure.
– Grow leadership to address rural population health and health equity.
– Build capacity for rural data driven program planning and decision making.
– Advocate for meaningful partnerships and additional resources for SORH, and their stakeholders.
In addition, your presentation should be able to link back to at least one SORH Proficiency Area:
- Grants Management
- Information Dissemination
- Organizational Structure
- Health Professions Workforce
- Communicating SORH Impact
- Primary Care Integration
SORH Requested Topics:
While all proposals are encouraged, we are particularly looking for submissions that are future-focused and encourage cross-sector collaboration. The NOSORH planning committee is prioritizing proposals that include projects implemented with at least one SORH state, and proposals that incorporate interactive discussion components.
NOSORH members have suggested an interest in the following topics:
Rural Health Landscape and Infrastructure
- Rural healthcare transformation (alternative payment models, public options, etc.)
- Rural Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and community paramedicine
- Emerging systems of care and access points
- Behavioral health integration with primary care
- Rural maternal and children’s health
- Workforce shortages, development and non-loan provider recruitment/retention opportunities
Rural Data-Driven Program Planning and Decision-Making
- Using quality data to improve patient outcomes
- Conducting and analyzing community health assessments and improvement plans
- Data visualization techniques for SORH
- Using data to build consensus and transparency in decision-making
Addressing Population Health and Health Equity
- Telehealth resources and broadband access
- Rural transportation challenges and opportunities
- Rural health equity initiatives
- Addressing rural social determinants of health
- Non-traditional partners working to address health outcomes in rural communities (i.e., rural libraries, senior centers, etc.)
Partnerships and Resources for SORH and Stakeholders
- New toolkits, dashboards, and resources that help SORH provide technical assistance to rural communities
- Tools and resources that SORH can share with stakeholders
When filling out the proposal form, please include basic background on your subject matter/topic and what you will discuss in your session. Please write it so the committee can understand exactly what will be delivered to attendees. If you were requested to submit a proposal by your SORH, please indicate that on the application. This helps committee members ensure they’re selecting quality and engaging presentations.
Deadline: March 8th, 2021
Selection Process & Next Steps:
Each meeting has its own committee who makes recommendations for final selection. Once a proposal is selected, speakers will receive an email with an invitation to speak. It is the speaker’s responsibility to ensure event registrations and forms are completed by the deadlines for each meeting. Your cooperation greatly helps us produce a successful meeting.