Rural PREP, the Collaborative for Rural Primary care, Research, Education and Practice is a national project whose mission is to improve and sustain rural health through community engagement and research in primary care health professions education.
Rural PREP is a collaboration between the University of Washington School of Medicine (grant recipient), Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of North Dakota and other partners established with support from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
The Rural PREP project has three primary goals:
- Conduct research to improve education and training for rural primary care practice.
- Develop a community of practice of educators, researchers, and practitioners that is evidence-based, community-engaged, and practice-informed, leveraging existing collaborative relationships and adding new ones.
- Share evidence-based practices, generate new ideas for research and evaluation on rural primary care training, promote scholarly activity and translate evidence into educational practices.
Rural PREP facilitates virtual Rural Grand Rounds, engaging students, residents and faculty in scholarly interaction, and promote professional development through quarterly webinars.
As a Rural PREP collaborator, NOSORH’s primary role will be to assist in sharing information about project activities to SORH, state stakeholders, national organizations and federal agencies.
NOSORH will also assist in the planning and implementation of two Design and Dissemination Studios (DDS) as pre-conference activities prior to the Region A and D SORH meetings this summer. NOSORH will provide 10 travel support awards of $500 each for eligible participants attending each DDS. Contact Matt Strycker for more information about the travel support awards.
The first two DDS will take place in June:
- Region A SORH Meeting, Charlottesville, VA June 12-14, 2018
- Region D SORH Meeting, TBD, Arkansas, June 26-27, 2018
Additional ways to get involved in Rural PREP:
- Sign up for quarterly webinars and events https://ruralprep.org/get-involved/
- Create a team to join Rural Rounds https://ruralprep.org/research-scholarship/rural-prep-grand-rounds/
- Apply for individual travel support (present your work at regional, national, and international meetings held within the United States). https://ruralprep.org/research-scholarship/travel-support/