This column is a new feature of the Branch that will share what’s new from the Rural Assistance Center (RAC), and sometimes to remind you of existing features.
Here are a few of the new things you’ll find on the RAC website:
Responsive Design – SORH staff are always on the go, so the RAC website is now mobile-friendly. Try it on your phone or tablet today!
New and Updated Topic Guides –
- Healthcare Access in Rural Communities (NEW) – This topic guide provides an overview of challenges to healthcare access in rural America and ways communities and policymakers can address these community needs.
- Rural Health Disparities (Updated) – This topic guide now features rural/urban comparisons of health status, mortality rates, and life expectancy.
New in the Rural Health Models and Innovations Hub – If you’re looking for examples of successful rural projects, check out the Hub. Five new project examples have been added in the last month:
- Appalachian Preceptorship Program
- Heart-Healthy Lenoir Project
- HOMBReS HIV Prevention Program (for rural Latino men)
- Safety Net Medical Home Initiative (SNMHI)
- Stone Mountain Health Services Behavioral Health Internship
Back to November Branch