The RHIhub recently hosted a #RuralHealthChat with NOSORH for National Rural Health Day on Access to Healthcare in Rural Communities to celebrate the #PowerofRural. Read the tweets in order and catch up on what you missed! Kristine Sande, RHIhub Director, also spoke with Rural Health Leadership Radio about National Rural Health Day, the RHIhub, rural health challenges and strengths, and more!
What’s New on RHIhub?
The RHIhub updated its topic guide on Rural Tribal Health with new Frequently Asked Questions related to social determinants of health, community health representatives, and more. It also includes updated information throughout.
Join the RHIhub’s upcoming webinar on Wednesday, December 12 at 2:00 pm ET: Insights on Rural Health Insurance Market Challenges from the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services. Featured speakers include Paul Moore and Normandy Brangan from the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, Mary K. Rolf from Home Care of Central New York, and Abigail Barker from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Two new articles were published in the Rural Monitor:
- Advance Care Planning: Strategic for All Adults, Even the Healthy – Who speaks for you when you can’t speak for yourself? Advance care planning experts share why this question is important for patients, their families and friends.
- Responding to the HIV Crisis in Scott County, Indiana: Q&A with Dr. William Cooke – Q&A with Dr. William Cooke, the family practice physician who responded to the HIV crisis in Scott County, Indiana. Read more to see how he and the community partnered to overcome the odds.
Below are three new Models and Innovations:
- Foundations Family Medicine’s HIV, HCV, Opioid and Substance Use Disorder Services – Founded by Dr. Cooke in the wake of the largest outbreak of HIV in rural America’s recent history, offers testing and treatment services for HIV, hepatitis C, and opioid/substance use disorder as well as education, care coordination, and behavioral health services.
- Positively Living – Provides medical care, advocacy, counseling, and other services to those with HIV/AIDS and other vulnerable populations.
- Scheffe Prescription Shop’s Medication Synchronization Program – Medication sync program has increased patient medication adherence rates. Reminders, prescription education, and pre-packing pills has helped patients with chronic conditions stay true to their medication regimen.