- Rural Data Explorer – Interactive map for exploring county-level data on issues that impact rural health, including rural demographics, health disparities, the health workforce, and other topics.
- Chart Gallery – A collection of charts, graphs, and maps that illustrate key issues related to rural health at the national level and for all 50 states. Includes rural demographics, healthcare access, health status, the social determinants of health, and more.
There are two new stories in the Rural Monitor:
- Working Together at the State and National Level: Q&A with Karen Madden – Interview with rural health leader Karen Madden.
- Social Determinants of Health: Transforming the Buzz Phrase to a Rural Action Item – Rural healthcare organizations work with the social determinants of health by implementing social risk assessments to transition from “health delivery system to a true health system.
The Disabled Adults Oral Health Initiative has been added to the Models and Innovations. This program in Allegany County, Maryland provides educational presentations and connects adults with disabilities to dental care.
Several Topic Guides have been updated:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Education and Training of the Rural Health Workforce
- Rural Obesity and Weight Control
- Conducting Rural Health Research, Needs Assessment, and Program Evaluation
RHIhub hosted a Webinar with the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services focused on the NACRHHS Policy Brief on Understanding the Impact of Suicide in Rural America. A recording will be available online.