- Strategies for Superbugs: Antibiotic Stewardship for Rural Hospitals
Resistant bacteria, or “superbugs,” are a cause of major medical illness and death. Despite limited resources, rural and Critical Access Hospitals are activating hospital antibiotic stewardship programs.
- Community Health Workers Get Trained to Reduce Oral Health Disparities
Oral health training programs are equipping Community Health Workers on Navajo Nation, Texas colonias, and Maryland’s Appalachian communities to improve access to dental care and teach people how to take care of their teeth.
- Vermont Care Network Advocates for Behavioral Health and Development Disability Agencies
Nearly 1 in 5 American adults have a diagnosable mental or behavioral disorder. By supporting 16 nonprofit agencies, the Vermont Care Network facilitates the provision of services for this population.
The RHIhub also hosted two webinars that are both available online:
- NACRHHS Policy Brief on Social Determinants of Health
- Rural Mortality and Preventable Deaths – Insights from the CDC MMWR Rural Health Series
- To learn more about the CDC MMWR rural health series and the many publications and resources that are associated with it, check out RHIhub’s new CDC MMWR Rural Health Series page
Additionally, the RHIhub has recently updated several topic guides:
- Recruitment and Retention for Rural Health Facilities
- Conducting Rural Health Research, Needs Assessment, and Program Evaluation
- Rural J-1 Visa Waiver
- Community Health Workers in Rural Settings
- Shortage Designations
- Oral Health in Rural Communities