NOSORH Leadership Institute
This new, valuable series of ten online workshops is sponsored by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health and presented by the Heartland Center for Leadership Development. Learn practical, immediately applicable strategies and useful tools to enhance your leadership and management skills as an established or emerging rural health leader.
Delivered by webinar, the workshops will be presented from July through May by the Heartland Center’s experienced trainers, including the founder and two members of the Board of Directors. The webinar series curriculum is updated from the acclaimed workshops offered nearly a decade ago by the Heartland Center for NOSORH members. This series will be invaluable for you as an established or emerging rural health leader.
Presenters and Trainers
Milan Wall, Heartland Center Founder, and Co-Director
Reshell Ray, Heartland Center Board Member
Craig Schroeder, Heartland Center Board President
The institutes will take place on the third Tuesday of each month from 2:00-3:30 PM ET.
- Webinar #1: Introduction and 20 Clues to Rural Community Survival (07/19/2022)
- Webinar #2: Grant Management and Reporting (08/16/2022)
- Webinar #3: State Office Engagement with Rural Stakeholder Communities (09/20/2022)
- Webinar #4: Leadership Styles and Practices (10/18/2022)
- Webinar #5: The Practice of Appreciative Inquiry (11/15/2022)
- Webinar #6: Diversity as Opportunity Movement (01/17/2023)
- Webinar #7: State Office Staff Team Building (02/21/2023)
- Webinar #8: Collaborating for Rural Health Equity (03/21/2023
- Webinar #9: Managing Unproductive Conflict (04/18/2023)
- Webinar #10: Making the Most of Evaluation (05/16/2023)
For session details, please refer to the curriculum outline in the NOSORH Leadership Institute flyer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of the Leadership Institute?
The Leadership Institute seeks to enhance the leadership and management skills of individuals addressing rural health issues in their state or community.
Who should participate in the Institute?
State Offices of Rural Health staff, State Rural Health Association, Primary Care Associate staff, and others interested in enhancing their rural health leadership skills.
What does my participation in the Institute entail?
You will be expected to participate in 10 Webinars and complete evaluations.