NOSORH and Impact! Communications, Inc. are working together to build upon the success of National Rural Health Day by improving the “Power of Rural” messaging, engaging new and existing partners, enhancing resources and broadening the reach of the national campaign.
Impact! was selected for this work by NOSORH for its experience in health care, organizational culture transformation, communications and community engagement and the stellar team that Impact! founder and CEO, Michelle Rathman, has built. Their knowledge of rural health and expertise in marketing, public relations, and partnership building makes Impact! the right fit to help State Offices of Rural Health and NOSORH grow the reach for the Power of Rural messages and National Rural Health Day efforts.
Impact! will be working closely with NOSORH and the Communications Committee to implement a NRHD plan for 2016 that builds on current efforts and ensures “Power of Rural” messaging throughout the year and for 2017.
Here are some of the initial plans for NRHD 2016:
- Publish the “Community Stars” stories to honor individuals or organizations who have made a positive impact on their local community, shown local leadership, demonstrated a long term commitment to improve rural health or championed innovation in rural communities. NOSORH will develop media stories and a publication to honor their work. Click here to submit a story. There is no limit to the number of submissions per state. Feel free to share the link throughout your state.
- A short survey will be disseminated to all SORH in October to gain insight on what NRHD means to you and how to move forward with NRHD 2017 plans.
- Produce a series of national webinars that will be featured throughout the day on NRHD, including live Twitter chats (#powerofrural). Stay tuned for more information regarding the webinar topics and schedule.
- NOSORH and Impact! will be developing a coordinated media communications and outreach plan with the goal of attaining national media attention.
- A 2016 NRHD Toolkit, which will pull together NRHD resources and ideas for celebrating NRHD into a simple to use package, will be made available soon on the website (nosorh.org/nrhd).
- SORHs and other stakeholders will be invited to sign a “Partner to Pledge” to officially join the effort and receive the 2016 NRHD Toolkit.
The success of NRHD depends on active engagement from all SORHs and partners! Please contact Ashley Muninger if you have any questions or for more information on National Rural Health Day.