National Rural Health Day (NRHD) is next month! Help us shine a spotlight on the positive aspects of rural health and communities across the nation! NOSORH is holding a 30-minute webinar with national partners on Oct 3 at 3:00 pm ET to learn more about how to engage in the Power of Rural. All current and potential NRHD partners are invited to attend! Register here.
State Offices of Rural Health are invited to attend the webinar “NRHD Resources for SORH” on Thursday, October 4 at 1:00-1:30 pm ET to learn about National Rural Health Day resources available to SORH, including the NRHD Toolkit for SORH. Participants are also encouraged to share their plans. Register here.
Here are some ways to join the Power of Rural movement:
- Start by visiting org! This website is the headquarters for all things NRHD, including toolkits, resources, upcoming events, and more!
- For Partners- National associations, agencies and non-profits are invited to partner with NOSORH to grow the Power of Rural movement. Please be sure to take the Pledge to Partner to get updates and recognize your efforts in rural America.
- Corporate partners and non-profits are invited to be recognized for their support at the NOSORH Annual Meeting. A special session is planned to help grow the reach of your rural work. Sponsors will also be highlighted on National Rural Health Day. Click here to view the 2018 Sponsor Prospectus
- For SORH – The NRHD Starter Toolkit for SORH, developed specifically for SORH, contains comprehensive toolkits as well as stand-alone educational and promotional items (coloring books, social media posts, postcards, etc.) to support this year’s NRHD efforts.
- For communities and other rural stakeholders – Check out the FREE NRHD Community Engagement Toolkit for resources designed especially for community stakeholders who serve the health needs of rural communities, including hospitals, clinics, first responders, and others. It features customizable posters, flyers, social media graphics, media release templates, and much more! These NRHD tools will enhance outreach efforts to schools, churches, local media outlets, and community businesses.
- It only takes a few steps to start a positive movement! NOSORH is once again partnering with Walk with a Doc for a fun and easy way to engage rural communities in better health on NRHD and beyond. Invite rural hospitals, health clinics, etc. in your state to host a free community walk on NRHD and start a local chapter! Click here to learn how.
- We need YOU to make a difference! Take the Pledge to Partner to get the latest updates and help bring collective focus to specific healthcare issues facing rural communities across the United States.
- Follow NOSORH on Facebook and Twitter and help us expand our NRHD reach by liking, sharing, and retweeting posts! Click here for free NRHD social media graphics. Don’t forget to use the #powerofrural in every post and encourage your partners to do the same.
- Stay tuned for more information on this year’s lineup of live, 30-minute webinars that will be featured throughout the day on NRHD.
- Are you planning an event on NRHD? Do you have a unique idea you’d like to share? Share your plans at org and we’ll feature your event on the website!
Whether you’ve already made plans or are just starting to think about it, there are plenty of ways to get involved in celebrating the #PowerofRural!
Contact Ashley Muninger for more information.