Each year NOSORH, all 50 State Offices of Rural Health, their partners, sponsors, and community stakeholders set aside the third Thursday of November (November 15, 2018) to celebrate National Rural Health Day (NRHD). Whether you’ve already made plans or are just starting to think about it, there are plenty of ways to get involved! Visit the PowerofRural.org website for the latest news and events happening throughout the country to celebrate the #PowerofRural!
Here are some ways to join the Power of Rural movement:
- Download the NRHD Starter Toolkit for SORH! This resource, developed for State Offices of Rural Health, contains comprehensive toolkits as well as stand-alone educational and promotional items (coloring books, social media posts, postcards, etc.) that support this year’s NRHD efforts.
- Check out the 2018 NRHD Engagement Toolkit! This easy-to-use online toolkit features resources designed especially for community stakeholders, including hospitals, clinics, first responders, and others who serve the health needs of rural communities. It includes display advertising, social media, public service announcement and media release templates, and much more! These NRHD tools will enhance outreach efforts to schools, churches, local media outlets, and community businesses.
- Invite rural hospitals, health clinics, etc. in your state to host a free Walk with a Doc community walk on NRHD. Walk with a Doc is a fun and easy way to engage communities in better health and celebrate the Power of Rural. Click here to learn how to host a walk.
- Take the Pledge at PowerofRural.org and commit to four specific calls to action: Innovate, Educate, Collaborate & Communicate!
- Follow NOSORH on Facebook and Twitter and help us expand our NRHD reach by liking, sharing, and retweeting posts! Click here for free NRHD social media graphics. Don’t forget to use the #powerofrural in every post and encourage your partners to do the same.
- Stay tuned for more information on this year’s lineup of live, 30-minute webinars that will be featured throughout the day on NRHD.
- How will you celebrate? PowerofRural.org has a place for you to share your plans for NRHD.