Each year NOSORH and its partners set aside the third Thursday of November to celebrate National Rural Health Day (NRHD). This year you can help us transform NRHD from a single day event into a sustainable movement that promotes the “power of rural” and keeps rural health matters at the forefront. Whether you’ve already made plans or are just starting to think about it, here are some ways to get involved!
- Download the NRHD Starter Toolkit for SORH, which features easy-to-use promotional calendars, celebration ideas, guides to media and social media, and other helpful tools! Share this resource with your partners! Click here for the NRHD September promotional calendar.
- Nominate a Community Star! The Community Stars e-book is published annually on NRHD to honor the dedicated individuals and organizations who go above and beyond to make their rural community a better place to live, work and play. There is no limit to the number of submissions from each state, so share widely with partners and rural healthcare providers. Nominations are being accepted until Friday, September 15! Click here to submit a nomination.
- Engage in social media! Follow NOSORH on Facebook and Twitter for NRHD resources, graphics and updates. “Like”, comment on, and share NOSORH’s posts to help us reach a wider audience. Use the #powerofrural in every post and encourage your partners to do the same.
- Take the Pledge! Visit www.powerofrural.org and commit to four specific calls to action: Innovate, Educate, Collaborate & Communicate!
- Stay tuned for more information on this year’s lineup of live, 30-minute webinars that will be featured throughout the day on NRHD.